O U R P R O D U C T S
A D V A N T A G E S O F O F F I C E U L T R A S O U N D 1
Listed below is a partial list of the advantages of having an ultrasound system in your own office.
- Extension of physical examination - further identify palpable lumps and locate and identify lumps that are impalpable.
- Intraoperative procedures
- Better differentiation of mass structure using ultrasound compared to other means (physical exam, etc.)
- Comprehensive node examination
- Objective comparision follow-up dimensions
- Best assessment of thyroid.
- Ultrasound analysis in real time - immediately explore further if indicated. This saves both you and your patients time.
- Patients appreciate it when their physician is able to give them instant information and feedback, even in the situation where further diagnostic testing is required.
- In-office ultrasound makes it possible to to perform ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration immediately if indicated.
- Increase your potential for identifying recurrences earlier than if following patients with only physicals and regular CT scans.
- When readily available, ultrasound can render the need for CT, MRI, or PET unnecessary.
- Ultrasound can also indicate that further imaging using CT, MRI, or PET is necessary so that patients can be scheduled for these tests in a more time-efficient manner.
- Polley, Sheri J. "In-Office Ultrasound Provides Benefits to Both Patients and Physicians." ENToday 2 (2007): 28+